Thursday, July 15, 2010

Days 301 to 310: Takin 'er easy

Well seeing as Day 300 was hectic I took it a little bit easier on Day 301, but I was back on the bandwagon for Day 302. Seeing as I had been punked a few days earlier, Pina and I actually sat down and did our Moment De Vérité applications and had a good laugh doing them. Then it was off to our mutual friend Jimmy's party as he was changing schools.




Don't we look adorable? Yes of course we do.


Also got to catch up with a friend that I hadn't seen in years in regards to my AQ course back in Summer 06.


Day 3!OH!3! crept up and it was ultimate night once again. It didn't go as well as we would have liked, but there you are. Losses and wins are all part of it, but so is fun times with friends.


Day 304 brought appointments once again! The day started great as I was told by my optician that it looked like my eyes have gotten better, but pending further testing, I don't think I need glasses anymore! Bonus. Later that day - once I remembered to get my shoes - I went to the podiatrist to pick up my new orthodic inserts! EXCITEMENT! I now walk better. Sort of.


Day 305 was an extremely early start but for a good reason. It was time to head off to Niagara Falls to go drift diving - specifically in Fort Erie, right across the river from Buffalo. It's so close that when we get in the water, the feds on the US side are in boats making sure we're not trying to cross the border! I've actually heard stories about arrests; I'd like not to (a) spend time in jail or (b) do it in a wet suit, for that matter.


I ended up getting in three dives and although it was tiring and the viz was horrid it was still a great day out. Even if our favourite restaurant was closed!


Normally day 306 would have been a dive night, but seeing as we were going out the next day we didn't schedule one. Day 307 was CANADA DAY (doesn't need capitalization but I like my country) and it was off for a couple of days. Even famous fringe performer Sarah the Traveller came out to make a rare cameo appearance ha ha ha.


It was also my friend's 50th birthday so of course there was cake for that fact too!


As a gift we had earlier in the year given him a scuba tank that actually originates from the month he was born! What luck in finding it.

Day 308 was another calm one... spent the time working on my new website (soon to launch!). Day 309 was a board game night (I think) and then Day 310 was ulty again (in the stinking hot hot heat - not fun!). We lost a game we should have won!

Next post: benefitting from radio prizes.

Cheers,

Vick.

No comments:

Post a Comment