Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 366: The Finale

Yes, I know. I've miscounted. Please don't hold it against me. :)

Since this was the last day I wanted to do a few extra things. First off, I had a lie in. Which really can never be construed as a bad thing.

I met up with a couple of my best friends for lunch at Mandarin. I'd only been at Mandarin one time before (as a result of a radio contest win) and having known what was on offer I paced myself a bit differently. Still though you really can't ignore ice cream and cookies. Mmm mmm good.

Although my arm was still hurting a bit from Sunday's ulty victory, I still wanted to go for a dive, or something similar. So I got in the pool and vaccuumed it up. While that may not sound super exciting to you, it is very peaceful to me and I was happy to have done it.

Left up north around 4.15 pm, arriving at the community tv station around 6 pm for my training session. A lot got packed in, but it was very informative and I am excited about it.

Finally, there was a small get together in my backyard to celebrate the end of the world tour. It was just perfect - six good friends (including two roommates that I dragged out of bed!), sitting around, shooting the breeze, telling the stories.

Shortly before midnight I was encouraged/goaded/whatever to make a speech. And I'll share one specific thing with you.

If I could tell you anything about this year, it would be that when opportunities knocks, answer it.

And at midnight, we raised a glass to a phenomenal experience.

The next post will be a postlude/wrap-up and slightly bittersweet, as it will be the last one.

Cheers,
Vick.

1 comment:

  1. Rajasthan Travel Packages. We are specializes in india golden triangle tours packages, Best Rajasthan Tour Packages and rajasthan holiday packages in india.

    ReplyDelete