Sunday, August 1, 2010

Days 324 to 336: The Karma Points Kick In.

So Day 324 and it was off to a Toronto theatre to see The Girl Who Played With Fire. Yes, I’ve read the book, and yes, I actually own the film (in French) but it was nice to see it on the big screen.

It was also ulty night – sadly we lost again, we’ve been having a rough go at it lately.

Day 325 was another relaxing day. Went for a dive and just before we ran into someone who wanted to take a course. Well the dive went well, and imagine the surprise when the gentleman that approached us showed up indeed that evening! Nice little surprise.

Day 326 was open water check out afternoon. Went north of the city to do the dives and they were enjoyable, although I was starting to get really quite tired.

Day 327 and back at the diving empire and I actually sat out the dive because my ear just wasn’t liking me. I ran shore which was fine but busy with 14 divers in the water! Still though, this is my happy place so I can’t complain!

Day 328 and because I had a busy weekend coming up I got in Gunther (my car, natch) and ran around town doing errands. Dollarama, Staples, the Post Office, etc. And I think I went to a bit of Frisbee. Maybe!

Day 329 and I was off to Canada’s Wonderland for the day! With friends that were in from out of town, it was a great day because it looked like it would rain all day… and it didn’t. Which meant that most people stayed away, and we got onto ride, after ride, after ride. Behemoth, Psyclone, most of the waterslides… we even stopped to have some lunch and get some free Z103.5 swag, by entering their “103 days of summer contest”.

Such an awesome day!


And it became awesomer.

Remember that video I said I made with my friends Jimmy and Pina? Well I mailed it off on day 328 and on this day, day 329, I got an email from the production company saying that they were impressed! Nothing yet, but this had promise…

Day 330 flew by – the highlight being a walkabout town to get milk – EXCITING. Day 331 brought more ultimate and our first victory in about a month. Score.

On Day 331 my father arrived in town for a visit, around supper time. We sat down for a peaceful dinner (cooked by yours truly) followed by some relaxing television viewing and shooting the breeze.

Day 332 brought bopping around town including a possible side job for teaching and a visit to get NEW SHOES!

Dad and I also hopped down on the GO bus to go see the Jays play Baltimore. We got decent seats for $90 for the pair, and ended up seeing the game from the second row. It was very entertaining – a pre game trivia game where I ended up 6th place out of 72, Jose Bautista’s 29th and 30th homeruns of the season, and wondering why we paid $6.50 for an ice cream cone. Some pics from the experience:







As you can see we were super close!!!
Day 333 and following a short morning visit Dad was off. So was I for that matter, as it was up north (it was Wednesday) to get things ready for the dive followed by the dive itself. A good turnout as always.
The fun part for me was that I got to be the “victim” in a rescue situation. We had two divers that were working on their rescue diver certification. Please note that while this was fun, I did have a safety diver with me because diving alone is a really bad idea…
I did make their lives difficult but they did well. Went back out and did a fun dive with one of the other staff members which was enjoyable as well.
Day 334 and everything just went perfect. First I get a call at 8 am from my friend Shawn. I pick it up, wondering what’s up as it’s really early in the morning.
Dude, Fogleman (a mutual friend) called. Z103 called your name, you’ve got an hour to get a hold of them.

Oh my goodness.
Power dialing sets in.
It takes a half hour but I finally hear “Hi, Z103!”.
A minute later and I’m on the air with Scott Fox and the morning crew, and I’m a winner! I won $75 towards dinner at a restaurant and the right to a key, which might start a BRAND NEW CAR! The contest ends in September and I’ll find out then if I’m the grand prize winner!

The morning continues from there. I got to teach a dive class and run a discover scuba session which made me quite pleased.

It’s 1.30 pm in the afternoon when the phone rings with a number that makes me smile. I head outside and answer the phone. It’s another tv show that I’ve applied for!

Wow, this day is getting crazy. I do the interview over the phone. I think it goes well, I’ll find out soon enough!

I get home at around 5pm and check my email. A message from Moment De Vérité. Nuts, things do come in threes.

Day 335 brings up a good friend from Toronto to enjoy pizza and vino. No complaints! Plus we watched Just Buried, a quirky Canadian film from a few years back.

Day 336 and after an earlier start than I would have liked I was up north in cottage country to help run the underwater navigation course for the club. It was a hoot – although I was mostly running the shore (crazy enough), the hilarity was the dry land simulation where everyone had to wear towels over their head!


And if that wasn’t exciting enough, it was also Fort Boyard night. Which is slowly, but surely, growing on me.

Score!

Well would you look at that! With one month to go, I’m all caught up.

Cheers,
Vick.



No comments:

Post a Comment