Friday, August 27, 2010

Days 358 to 361

Late in the evening of the Cedar Point visit I decided to make my way home, so on Day 358 that was my main mission. I made really good time and only needed to stop a couple of times, including a rare King City washroom break – I HATE stopping on the Canadian side, as I can usually do that in one fell swoop. In any case, not a problem, got home around 2.30 pm.

I then turned around and headed out to the pool. Sufficient to say I was a bit overtired but I made it work anyway! We had some students needing some depth training so it was great to have the well made available to us.

Oh, and I finally got around to doing this… are you listening, WSSA? :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YD5SIU0tO4

I got back to home base just knackered and didn’t last very long indeed!

Day 359 was a nice relaxing day. Recovering from going full steam for six days straight I was happy to take a breather. I headed up north for a small meeting/get-together but then was back in my bed to close out the night.

Day 360 and the reason that I needed to come home was that I was off to Richmond Hill and I had an information session to attend as I had been recruited to volunteer at the local community television station. I was really excited as this is something I had wanted to do for a while now. I had a short interview with the coordinator and it looks like right now I’m going to be assisting at hockey games in Newmarket, which is perfect because it’s Thursday nights (which usually aren’t busy for me) and they’re about a 5 minute drive from my house. Ex. Ell. Ent.

Later that day I headed up for the weekly Wed evening dive, but we ended up scrubbing! Such is life I suppose. We actually went to the newly renovated theatre downtown, which was super because in one theatre they ripped out all the seats and put in 48 leather recliners! SCORE. We saw Inception which I don’t think is the best movie ever but does leave you thinking.

Day 361 and the morning contained a project that I’m not allowed to talk about but hopefully will be able to share a bit more when it comes time. In the afternoon it was back up north (which frankly was getting a bit tiring!) but it was okay as I was going to get to teach dive class which is always a pleasure.

Mind you by the end of this my mind was mush… so it was nice to just take a night and curl up with a good book. And raspberry pie.

Cheers,
Vick.

No comments:

Post a Comment