Friday, September 11, 2009

Day Eleven.


I slept, I think, the best that I have so far on the days that this blog has been going on. And with good reason - NYC was great (as you might have gathered) but tiring!

What I'm enjoying so far is the new experiences. And one of those is a Friday morning dive.
Now you might think this would be nothing new. And it usually isn't... but a Friday morning dive in September has never happened before due to something standing in the way (read: work). It was quite nice and peaceful... not many people, although the visibility was horrible. I also enjoyed the novelty of sitting at A&W when all of the schoolkids got out of lunch. Don't get me wrong, I really love my job, but I think it's okay to love my time off too!

I got home around supper, hung up my dive gear, made pasta with meatballs for dinner (I've been reading Desktop_Gourmet's blog; so should you) and just chilled. Tomorrow is the ultimate frisbee tourney. I'm an Angry Gorilla, and my number is Threeve (look it up). Should be fun, I hope! And somewhere in there I'm hosting a BBQ.

I wanted to throw up a bit of a flashback picture. Part of my goal this year is to attend several game show tapings... officially number one was earlier in the summer when I saw Le Banquier, the French-Canadian version of Deal or No Deal. It was a great taping, they let me take pictures, which was super cool.


I don't know when it airs but for those of you wondering... it took almost three hours to tape one primetime episode! Part of that was due to the fact that the electronics broke down several times, the host flubbed her lines (which was actually quite hysterical) and that it takes two minutes to open each case (camera angles and all that). Plus you don't hear the SFX - they add 'em in post - and thus each case is opened to a glorius "CLUNK". Ah, the magic of television. SPOILER! Oh.

I don't know when the show airs... I should really email TVA and ask.

One other thing I wanted to bring up. I'd like you to meet my travel pig.


The travel pig was given to me by my landlords on my 30th birthday. It's now 18 months past (next year I celebrate my mathematically pleasing 2^5th, but I digress) and it's time to open it up. I've been dropping coins periodically, but at the rate of at least several each week. Anyone want to guess how much is in it? You'll win my respect with your telepathy and perhaps a prize if I can get around and figure out something memorable (no, NOT the contents of the travel pig).

Oh! Almost forgot. As of today, my flight to Europe is officially booked. Watch out, other side of the Atlantic, here I come! Did you miss me?

For you detailed oriented people... Toronto-Amsterdam-London on October 21st, Madrid-Amsterdam-Toronto on Dec 8th or 9th. Flying KLM, which I hear is good. Speaking of flights, I was very impressed with Air Canada this week... loved the seat back tvs with your choice of many selections, including short Canadian films which were excellent. You'll have to see The Weight of the World - fantastic.

Aim to accomplish something memorable today, something that brings you to the attention of the right kind of people. You are hard-working and responsible but you are also creative - a combination that will get you noticed, and maybe promoted.
This was my horoscope the day I saw Letterman - watch it pay off tonight at 11.34 pm on CBS, OMNI1, NTV, and others.

Off to Montreal on Tuesday again!

Cheers,
Vick.

No comments:

Post a Comment