Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Days Twenty and Twenty-One

Important news... scroll down!

I am happy to announce that the family washer is now back in business! This is appreciated by all, especially those who will be in my general vincinity over the next little while.

Day Twenty had some interesting things going on. I was present at a dive class in the evening - we are going drift diving later this week and it requires quite a bit of theory. It went well and those in presence enjoyed my homemade (re: prepackaged mix) oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Pretty simple but I think people enjoy the effort.

I actually spent the night in the area, at my friend's cottage. It was nice and relaxing - very much close to the city but out in the country.

Day Twenty-One brought a closure to a phone call I received on Day Twenty. I had entered a contest... and I can now confirm that I am a finalist! A local radio station is running a contest called So you think you can cohost? and I will be co-hosting on this Friday, September 25th from 8 am to 9 am Eastern. I would really appreciate you listening and encouranging me!

You can go directly to www.b101fm.com and click on the button at the top that says "Listen Live".

There is a second part... I would really appreciate your votes for the grand prize! Voting runs from 12 Noon on Friday (so a few hours after I'm off the air) and ends at 5 am on Monday. I will post the link on Friday. All you will have to do is email my name, your name and the date. One email per person please... otherwise your vote won't count!

I also received my packet for Countdown yesterday. I am super psyched about my appearance and have been practicing feverishly since hearing I had made the cut.

Last night I got to be a "rescue victim" during a dive. It is very weird... I was with a buddy but we basically have to wait to be found. It's very bizarre but somewhat calming. The "rescuers" did find me and did a good job all around.

Cheers,
Vick.

No comments:

Post a Comment