Sunday, September 27, 2009

Days Twenty-Four, Twenty-Five, Twenty-Six and Twenty-Seven

To be honest the excitement lays in day Twenty-Five so I'll sum up day Twenty-Four by saying it involved a lot of running around, getting things prepared for Twenty-Five but I had a good night shooting the breeze with the boys and N on Thursday night!

I awoke on day Twenty-Five at 6.45 am, ready for the exciting times to come. I got to the radio station just before 8 am ready for my shift.

I had a great experience cohosting with Jamie and Tara. They were super nice, so friendly!!! I got to talk during three different segments. The first one was a "getting to know you", the second one we focused on "Wheel" and the last one I did my Mr. Bean and Kermit the Frog impressions. I have heard people have enjoyed it and I hope they did!

So if you haven't had a chance to vote... please do! Go to b101fm.com and look for the "So you think you can cohost?" link, then click on my name to vote for me! Voting finishes at 5 am Monday morning.

I was supposed to go for a dive but we scrubbed because the weather was crummy. Which was fine anyway... so it was more running around getting things done and ready to go to the Niagara Falls area for the weekend.

I got to NF/Fort Erie around 7 pm, had some dinner with my friend and then sat in the hot tub. My goodness me, it was so nice.

Day Twenty-Six was crazy! I was, along with my dive club, diving the wickedly cool currents (7 knots!!!) in Fort Erie, above the falls (but very much above the falls). I got to do four dives. The first one we had to kick like the dickens to get out in the middle of the river, and between two railway "walls". Seriously, they were hard to get to... but I am happy to report my buddy and I got pas the third one, which is very rarely done! I wanted to cut my feet off though! All in all, a great day. I also passed the equivalent of one week underwater. Which is crazy, if you think about it.

Day Twenty-Seven was a zen day. Slept in. Lazy morning. Good breakfast. And then some touristy things (but not too much!). I went to the bird aviary in Niagara Falls... and there were alot of birds there! Took some fun pictures... then visits to the Hershey store, various sightseeing outlooks - including one where I met English tourists, told them I'd be on Countdown and they took my picture! - and a stop at a peanut factory.

Got home around 7 pm, watched the season premiere of Amazing Race (series 15 already! wow) and then caught up my blogging!

VOTE VOTE VOTE

Cheers,

Vick :)

No comments:

Post a Comment