Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Days Twenty-Eight and Twenty-Nine

Well I want to start by saying a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who voted for my entry in the B101 So you think you can cohost contest. It was a close vote... but with a 37% share I won the staycation! I was honestly shocked... I figured that I had a chance but was really quite stunned that I was victorious. Just being on the air was a big thrill for me, and the staycation was the icing on the cake. Again, thanks to those who voted and I hope that I did you proud!

As you might imagine the contest was a pretty cool way to start Day Twenty-Eight. It ended cool as well. Although not in the best way.

After playing ultimate all summer I decided that it would be fun to rejoin for the fall. I had been busy helping with dive classes the last couple of Mondays, so it was my first go last night. And the rain was just POURING down. We were all soaked. I called it a night after about an hour as I tumbled slightly on my ankle and there was some pain (not too much, but enough to stop playing). That being said, it was an awesome night! All I could do was laugh the whole time and then be amazed when the high school team just started running circles around anyone over 25 years old.

So today, on day Twenty-Nine, I'm sitting down, playing Countdown as part of my daily practice. I'm in the middle of a late draw and I get a call saying "Hey, do you want to go for a splash?" (read: dive?) and I figure, sure, why not, I like the idea of getting in the water. So I finish that draw of letters - STASODRIE - and score a nine letter word! - before heading off. It was nice to be in the water, but BRRRRR it was cold. 55F below the surface! Fun times, though, as always.

I met up later in the day with a good friend of mine, and taught him how to juggle. He had wanted to learn for awhile but had never really got around to it. After wings he headed off... and I settled into more Countdown... where I won 85-84 against a solid champ! Sweet, this instills confidence.

Cheers,
Vick.

No comments:

Post a Comment