Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day XXXIII

ATTENTION TO MY GO TRAIN GROUPIES: I am riding the train on Friday, getting on the train that starts up north at 6.50 am, and I'll be getting on in Newmarket at 7.22. Please drop me a comment at the end of this post to let me know what car I should be getting on so I can sit with you folks!!! Or you can just yell out the doors :)



Yes, I know it's different, but all of you can work with roman numerals. C'mon, it's adventurous.



I got a call on Day XXXIII from a coworker and good friend - she was stuck and needed someone to stay at their house to watch their daughter. I said sure, no problem. Their daughter - hello, V! - is a fun person so it was bound to be a night of board games and what not.



I left around 12.30 to drive up north to get some last minute things done before the potluck awards night that I was going to. It was not 10 minutes after I arrived that I realized that I had forgotten the certificates I was supposed to bring. So it was back down south, and back up north. 90 minutes later my carbon footprint is pretty big for the day!

We had the potluck at my friend's farm. The farm is all busied up for Halloween... so I went through the haunted barn and as per usual, screamed alot (yes, I am man enough to admit that). It was fun... and I wanted to go through as I won't be in Canada for Halloween this year.

The food was great at the potluck... and I am happy to say that my quiche (sorry, 'egg pie' for some) was a hit! People were very complimentary and thus I am encouraged to cook more. The awards went to very deserving people, and my friend teaching kids to repeat scuba signals was hysterical. I would say a bit about the divemaster choir effort... but I think that's one you had to be there to understand it.

I got back down south to meet my friend's daughter around 9.30 pm. We played a few rounds of "Say What?" (http://www.amazon.com/Radica-L7273-Say-What/dp/B000OKT3KY/ref=pd_sim_t_2) and then some "Racko", which I played for the first time years ago at 3 am in the morning with Chis in the line for The Price is Right. Good times all around!

Oh... depending on when you read this, I'm in the audience of Le Banquier this evening - screen caps of that and Millionaire to come soon!

Cheers,
Vick.

1 comment:

  1. If you are getting on the train in Newmarket then get the train car that is one north( to the right) of the accesibility car we always sit on the top level . We will keep an eye out for you at the station....If you get lost yell SHAZAM and we will come running :-) See you on Friday

    ReplyDelete