Friday, October 16, 2009

Days XLIII, XLIV, XLV

Well Day XLIII ended up being a Tuesday, so it was cheap night at the movies. So I called J, my good friend from work, and we went over to see Zombieland. Yes, you might think it's a schlocky movie about zombies, but I love zombies and it was great. I would go see it again, very well written - it was the two guys who wrote my personal favourite spoof of everything reality television loves to exploit, The Joe Schmo Show. How many of you knew that?

Earlier that day, however, I thought it was a good idea to go run errands on my bicycle. Yeah no. It would have been fine, except for a wicked, wicked northwind. However it was some great exercise!

Day XLIV was a Wednesday... so it is dive night! Which is always good. I headed up in the afternoon and knocked off a few of my "dive list" items which I need to get done before next week. And I had an awesome dive. I haven't done a night dive in awhile, it was very very peaceful.

So then I headed home on the major highway. Just south of the city I'm listening to some tunes and I hear a really bad noise and there is smoke coming out of the front of the car. So I calmy slow down my speed, pull over and put my four way flashers on, and then I call my friend.

Me: So, you remember how we joked my car was going to die?
Him: Yeah?
Me: Yeah, I think this is it.

So he, his son and another friend came out and helped me. Sufficient to say it was a bit scary sitting on the side of the highway in the pitch dark, however my friend's son can change a tire with no problem. I am thankful it was the passenger side though, so at least we could sort of do it safely.

We ended up parking it at Tim Horton's overnight and then I drove it back home (about 60 clicks) using the spare. It's been in the driveway ever since, and is leaving within about a half hour of me finishing to type this.

So as you can see Day XLV was full of excitement to start. It also meant that it was me and the public transport system to get to the dentist! Good news, no cavities. Did a bit of shopping but not too much either.

Those of you have rode in my car may leave your comments :)

Cheers,
Vick

No comments:

Post a Comment